Need help relearning to shoot in manual mode

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Back when i was at the university I took a couple classes in Photography where I learned how to shoot in manual mode using various types of film and cameras. Its been years now since I have shot in manual mode and I have forgotten so much of it. I'm saving up for a DSLR but that is going to be awhile before I get it so all I have to work with right not is my Canon EOS Rebel and a Canon AE-1.

I would love to learn how to do this again but not sure where to begin. I have considered taking an 8wk online course, taking a class at the local JC or buying some books.

I would love to hear your recommendations.

Back when i was at the university I took a couple classes in Photography where I learned how to shoot in manual mode using various types of film and cameras. Its been years now since I have shot in manual mode and I have forgotten so much of it. I'm saving up for a DSLR but that is going to be awhile before I get it so all I have to work with right not is my Canon EOS Rebel and a Canon AE-1.

I would love to learn how to do this again but not sure where to begin. I have considered taking an 8wk online course, taking a class at the local JC or buying some books.

I would love to hear your recommendations.

What have you forgotten about manual settings? In this setting you can change iso, aperture, and shutter speed. If you're unsure which one means what let us know and we can go over it again.

If you want a book by 'Understanding Exposure', a good read.

I forgot all of it and I hope it will come back to me once again. I have been reading on the forums about aperture and shutter as they come up in posts but I haven't explored much yet to see if there is someplace for a better understanding of it all. I know aperture range depends on what lens you use~I learned that today as i read through my camera manual. Its only been about 6 years since i shot in manual but it all sounds foreign to me like i never knew it in the first place. When i hear f stops, shutter speed and aperture I just don't get it. I have been in auto settings on my camera for far to long.

I did check out that book you mentioned online and I'm going to pick it up. I saw it was recommended in another post here in the forums.

Most reactions

Back