SlimPaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I took this photo in a moving train in the airport. It was taken at ISO 1600 and a shutter speed of 1/5. It looks very noisy to me, so if you know how to remove noise properly, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks, Paul
dsc4535.jpg

It is a little bit noisy, but not to the extent that I would worry about it...I have seen far worse.

Very cool photo...:thumbup:

Yea, I personally wouldnt worry about the little noise that there is. It's a very cool shot though, makes me feel like I'm moving :tup:.

Hi,

I took this photo in a moving train in the airport. It was taken at ISO 1600 and a shutter speed of 1/5. It looks very noisy to me, so if you know how to remove noise properly, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks, Paul
dsc4535.jpg

There ya go.
3713223124_bbc1cb446f_o.jpg

Wow, that is a brilliant photograph. How on earth did you manage it? Set up a tripod with the driver?! :D

I don't think it is very noisy at all, the little that there is adds to the photo. A little hint is that noise has the worst effect on the shadows of the image, and as the whole image is fairly bright, it doesn't have too much of an adverse effect. Plus, the D90 is said to have brilliant high ISO capabilities.

If you really want to remove it, your photo editing software almost certainly has an option for this. In Photoshop, it's under Filters > Noise > Remove Noise. From there, you can tweak it to your liking (make sure that the noise is gone, but not too much of the detail).

Looks good how did you do it?
There are several noise reduction programs available. He probably ran the picture through one of them or through Photoshop with a noise reduction plug-in.

Neat Image, Noise Ninja and Noiseware are probably the three best known noise reduction programs available.

Looks good how did you do it?

Samanax is right on the mony!. neat image, noise ninja and noiseware are the 3 best you can use. I prefer noiseware and its what I used to cleam up the image.

Thanks a lot for the comments guys, I'm glad you like the photo :)
TamiyaGuy, It's all thanks to the amazing VR ;) Speaking of software, I use Aperture and have Neatimage installed but I don't really know how to use it.
C0ps, Thanks for taking the time to run my image. I think it looks a bit better after the noise reduction :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back