Need Help. Tamron 10-24 or Tokina 11-16?

The tokina 12-24 won't work well at night- trust me I sold the 12-24 to buy the 11-16. The 12-24 f4 was a great lens but f4 wasn't fast enough for shooting the night sky. And I will say it again, 16mm will not be wide enough on a crop sensor if you plan on shooting photos of the stars. My rokinon 14mm isn't really even wide enough on my crop sensor for shooting astrophotos, anything past 20 seconds and you'll see trailing in the stars. Even at 20 seconds I was barely happy with what I saw. I'd say go with the 11-16, especially if you have a lens that covers 17-50mm- who cares if the focal range on the 11-16 is so small? It's all personal preference on what you plan on using the lens for, but I vote for the tokina.

I will say when I upgrade to full frame I plan on scooping up the tokina 16-28 because 16mm on a full frame will be plenty wide for astro stuff

As said above the 11-16 has a short zoom but is fast. Also worth looking at is the tokina 12-24 f4, slightly narrower at wide end and a stop slower but more flexible also

I owned this lens. One of my all time favorites. It's made only for crop-sensors, but it was awesome when I had it.

Actually it will work on full frame at 16mm with no vignetting....

Actually it will work on full frame at 16mm with no vignetting....

Well I had to sell it in order to upgrade from a T3 to a 5D, so I traded up

Most reactions

New Topics

Back