Need help to identify chinese camera

CarlGamaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I recently bought this large format camera but i don't know anything about it.
As it's written on the plate, it seems to be a chinese camera may be manufactured in 1968.
It can be 13cmx18cm ou 5"x7" format.

Can anybody here tell me something more about it ?
The camera was sold without any film holder so i'm looking for one.
Best regards from France,
Carl,

2022-01-09 20.40.04_web.jpg

2022-01-09 20.39.39_web.jpg

2022-01-09 20.39.05_web.jpg

Odd, no "brand" name or factory name/location info on the label. The serial # might indicate date--or not. The very basic metal construction, lens board and wooden(reducing?)back suggest a possible 50s-60s Chinese-made version of a Russian view camera? Just a guess.

Last edited:
Cool piece. Love the stand but have no idea about it other than I agree with above, knock off of another brand.

Hmm... the first name that popped in my mind was the Shen-Hao (or Iston) but it doesn't look that sophisticated. I don't see a shutter on the taking lens. Could be a hybrid, perhaps? Metal front but wooden back? I'll research some more.

OK, sent a picture of the markings to a Chinese friend, we'll figure out something. 😁

No luck with the translation... My Chinese friend said:

"The translation for the Chinese characters is exactly the same meaning of the English. Indoor use/studio use camera, made in China."

Perhaps a shout to the large format photography forums might help.

No luck with the translation... My Chinese friend said:

"The translation for the Chinese characters is exactly the same meaning of the English. Indoor use/studio use camera, made in China."

Perhaps a shout to the large format photography forums might help.
Ok, thank you for your help Mitica 100

Most reactions

New Topics

Back