Need help to recover data from seagate that is not recognized by pc

Bellshrrly36

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My Seagate external disk is not recognizable in "My Computer", and under "Disk Management" it is shown as a RAW device. I cannot open the drive because when I click on the drive, the only option for me is "Format". I cannot format it because I still have some important data on it, so what should I do to access an unrecognizable drive without data loss?

My Seagate external disk is not recognizable in "My Computer", and under "Disk Management" it is shown as a RAW device. I cannot open the drive because when I click on the drive, the only option for me is "Format". I cannot format it because I still have some important data on it, so what should I do to access an unrecognizable drive without data loss?
Download the driver that is specific to your model external.
Its a driver issue.
Or update your pc.

could be many issues, if the power supply of the computer is bad then the usb wont have correct power to read/write to the disk. If the disk failed or was dropped or damaged. someone may have deleted the NTFS partition, the sector holding the NTFS data table has been damaged. Seagate has a very high failure rate.

I would suggest removing the hard drive from the external enclosure and connecting it directly to the computer.

If your Seagate external hard drive is not recognized by PC then try out one of the simple yet powerful solution called Remo Recover it will assist you do recover data from unrecognized Seagate with ease… Hi,

Most reactions

Back