Need help with a tricky lighting venue (wedding!)

Shoot at high iso and convert to B+W don't use flash if you are not used to it you could make a bigger mess of the shots, and don't worry it is their fault if the the photos are not good enough

Great idea! I'll get a chance to see it tomorrow- just in daylight. I'm going to see if I can hang around until it gets dark. Should be interesting!

Shoot at high iso and convert to B+W don't use flash if you are not used to it you could make a bigger mess of the shots, and don't worry it is their fault if the the photos are not good enough

Great idea! I'll get a chance to see it tomorrow- just in daylight. I'm going to see if I can hang around until it gets dark. Should be interesting!
When you start to get too much noise in your shots think of b+w, sometimes when I'm not shooting my film camera I'll set iso way higher than it needs to be especially for b+w

Hello, fellow shutterbugs!
I am shooting a wedding this Saturday as a favor to my cousin, and I just discovered that it will be in a round glass building that is about 4 stories tall. Since the wedding is at 5pm EST, it will be DARK!
I am just looking for any tips anyone might have to help me get this right! I'm trying not to panic........
Thanks, and I appreciate in advance any and all assistance !

RG **UPDATE**
Okay, I just got back from the rehearsal and the good news is that only HALF the room is glass ! The bad news is, that HALF the room is glass ! It is as bad as I feared. The double flash seen in photos from the website are made by additional panels of glass that run perpendicular to the wall of glass. Its a nightmare.
The good news is, I hope, and I hope you can tell me, is that I made the emergency run to Best Buy and bought a SB-700.
I had the discussion with the bride and groom and they understand the issues and are fine with my commitment to doing the best job I can. Since I'm shooting raw+jpeg, they'll be able to manipulate the images as they want.
Lastly, I DID find out that they are leaving almost immediately for their honeymoon, so I'm KEEPING the cards.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I truly appreciate ALL your ideas and suggestions, and I'll post my favorite photo here, probably on Sunday.

Thanks!
RG

Sorry this took so long! After the wedding I was exhausted, and caught a cold from a family member. UGH! Anyway - there are multiple flash reflections from the glass, not merely one or two because the glass wall is curved - so some photos have FOUR of them! I picked out 5 from the ceremony. They are in my album with the same "tricky lighting venue wedding" name.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. I sincerely appreciate it !

RG

Most reactions

Back