need help with alternative developing

Interesting stuff! :) What processing did you use here on the photograms?

(No worries, Charlie, I think we were both in danger of hijacking the thread!) :lol:

um i placed developer in a spray bottle sprayed the print waited a minute or so.... dropped into developer bath but the book said go straight to fixer, with a regular print i probaly would but with the photograms was looking for more tones intead of a flat black.

So spary developer with water bottle
drop into developer for additional moments( i used my judgement)
and then proceed as normal!

I have done the coffee and tea dyes for toning prints but you know what works really great for coloring...Kool Aid. Just empty a pack into your toner or emulsion, works great for gum prints.

geoffe said:
I have done the coffee and tea dyes for toning prints but you know what works really great for coloring...Kool Aid. Just empty a pack into your toner or emulsion, works great for gum prints.
I've never thought of using Kool Aid. That cracks me up! :D

hey, does the koolaide smell nice aftewards? it is a swell dye for lots of things but, I never thought to add it to my gum prints...Maybe for my childhood series! that's a concept. No coffee toneing for me...I'm going to keep that precious nectar to fuel my self!

Koolaid works wonders. I would be interested in seeing how they come out when you try them.

Most reactions

Back