Need help with buying a wide angle lens for Canon EOS xti

naiagirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
I'm fairly new to the technical part of photography and I need some help with buying a wide angle lens for my Canon EOS Rebel xti (digital). My friend is a realtor and will pay me to take pictures of his homes but says I need a wide angle lens. My local camera shop today told me I should by the 10-22mm Canon lens for $799! They said anything else I buy would basically be junk and a waste of money. Does anyone have any suggestions on a wide lens I could buy for less money to get me started on this job? I don't have the $800 right now and I've seen a lot of other lenses out there that are much less, as little as $30 on Ebay but I have no idea what to get. Please help!!!

I have the Canon 10-22mm lens...it's fantastic. The Sigma is also a good lens and somewhat less expensive.

The $30 'wide angle lenses' that you are seeing on Ebay are cheap adapters/filters that screw onto your existing lens. They can give you a wide angle view but the quality won't be nearly as good as a true wide angle lens.

You should totally get a Sigma 10-20. I am saving to buy one myself and a friend of mine bought it right before Christmas and the pictures she took are just amazing.

You can find some amazing pics taken with that lens in here and here

Most reactions

New Topics

Back