Need help with Flash

BmDubb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have an external flash which mounts on my Nikon D80... For the life of me, I cant get it to work.. Ive been searching for the past hour trying to find out how. And just cant do it. Im sorry to ask so many questions.. But Im serious about the hobby and want to learn! lol

Anyways the flash I have is http://www.adorama.com/images/Product/DC528AFNIK_1.jpg

And It slides on top of my D80... but I cant get it to " flash "

Anyone? Thanks alot

I have an external flash which mounts on my Nikon D80... For the life of me, I cant get it to work.. Ive been searching for the past hour trying to find out how. And just cant do it. Im sorry to ask so many questions.. But Im serious about the hobby and want to learn! lol

Anyways the flash I have is http://www.adorama.com/images/Product/DC528AFNIK_1.jpg

Anyone? Thanks alot

Do you have a link to the product itself and not just an image? You may be able to get better help. Did you replace the batteries inside the flash?
TJ

Anyone? Thanks alot

Do you have a link to the product itself and not just an image? You may be able to get better help. Did you replace the batteries inside the flash?
TJ

I cant find a link to the actual product. And yeah I just put new batteries in it, and the "ready" light comes on... But when I mount it to my camera.. Nothing happens lol

The flash might be broken.

I've heard of people having flash issues, and the cause was because the flash was not on the hot-shoe completely, so it wasn't making good contact.

That's a very inexpensive, low power flash. You probably won't find much info about it.

Do the contacts on the bottom of the flash line up with the contacts on the D80 hot shoe? At the least, the center contact on the D80 has to touch a center contact on the flash?

Do you have the D80 configured to do hot shoe flash? The index for flash related info is on page 148 of your D80 users manual.

If the flash tube is toast, the ready light will come on (means the capacitor is fully charged) but no flashy, flashy.

That's a very inexpensive, low power flash. You probably won't find much info about it.

Do the contacts on the bottom of the flash line up with the contacts on the D80 hot shoe? At the least, the center contact on the D80 has to touch a center contact on the flash?

Do you have the D80 configured to do hot shoe flash? The index for flash related info is on page 148 of your D80 users manual.

If the flash tube is toast, the ready light will come on (means the capacitor is fully charged) but no flashy, flashy.

Thanks for the detailed information. I know it's a cheaper flash. I didn't buy it. It came with the camera, so I was gonna use it for now. Thanks alot! Im gonna look at the manual.

Most reactions

Back