Need help with fuzzy viewfinder!!!

wharvey86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just recently picked up my camera after not using it for 2 days and when i try to focus the camera in the viewfinder it still looks really blurry and out of focus (even when using autofocus). However, when i switch it to liveview the picture looks fine and the camera takes clear pictures. I tried cleaning the front of the lens, the viewfinder, and even the mirror but still no result. Any idea what might be the problem and the best way to fix it? I didnt want to be randomly cleaning inside the body since i dont really know too much about what i am doing without getting some advice first!

Try adjusting the diopter. It should be a little wheel on the corner or side of the viewfinder. It adjusts/focuses the viewfinder (not technically sure what it does or why it's adjustable, but I'm sure someone else does). I had the same problem when I first used my first SLR. :)

Try adjusting the diopter. It should be a little wheel on the corner or side of the viewfinder. It adjusts/focuses the viewfinder (not technically sure what it does or why it's adjustable, but I'm sure someone else does). I had the same problem when I first used my first SLR. :)
The diopter adjustment wheel provides focus correction for folks who normally need glasses so that they can see a focused image in the viewfinder without wearing their glasses.

Yes, it sounds like you inadvertently put your viewfinder eyepiece out of adjustment.

I tried cleaning the front of the lens, the viewfinder, and even the mirror but still no result.
Be very careful about touching the mirror...it's one of the most delicate parts of your camera.

Most reactions

Back