Need help with Macro Fisheye Lens

zigsmommy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Last week I won an auction on Ebay for an Ultimate Macro Fisheye lens. It is 55mm and came with two adapter rings that are 57/52mm and 37/46mm. I have been wanting to get a fisheye lens for some time now. I thought it would work on my Canon Rebel G, but I can't figure out for the life of me why it is not. What size adapter ring would I need for it to fit?

I also have an old Pentax K1000, would that fit it better? I guess I should have asked the seller if it would work on my camera, but in all the excitement I guess I forgot.

If anyone can help me or steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,
Renee Z

Renee, what size filters does the lens on your Rebel take? It should be marked on the front of the lens with a number and a circle with a slash through it.

Once you determine what size filters your lens takes you can determine what size step up or step down ring you need to mount the fisheye on your lens.

If all else fails, take the camera and fisheye to a camera store & they can hook you up. You should be able to get the adaptor you need for around $10.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response to my thread. I feel so silly because I bought something without asking my questions beforehand, but I am lost. Here is a link to the Lens that I bought- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2935064958

It really doesn't even look fisheye to me when I look through the lens. It just seems to be a wide angle lens.

My Canon Rebel G is a 52mm, I have an adapter ring that size, somewhere. (I just moved and stuff is still in boxes) But this is a lens, it shouldn't fit onto my 28-80mm lens right?

This weekend I will stop in this pro camera shop and maybe they can help me out.

Thanks for taking the time to help me- I am such a beginner at all this and trying to make sense of it on my own is just not working!

Renee

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back