Need help with Polaroid Land Camera 104 (but may be a general thing)

Silk22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
I'm a total newbie...and disassembled the viewfinder on my 104 Land Camera because the focus arrows weren't moving. So I unscrewed the two screws and think I may have actually fixed the focus issue! However now I don't know how to put things back together :(
I have two loose mirrors and a metal rectangular window thingie. I've searched high and low for a diagram of this part or instructions on reassembling, but no luck. If anyone can help and let me know how/where to put the mirrors and window thingie to reattach the viewfinder, that would be awesome. Have attached some pics of the parts...
Best,
SL

Attachments

• IMG_9651.JPG
    IMG_9651.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_9652.JPG
    IMG_9652.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_9653.JPG
    IMG_9653.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 176
I have a couple of similar models but I haven't taken them apart...

Here's Mike Butkus' camera manuals site which has the manual for your camera. (You can send him three bucks for it if you want.)
http://www.cameramanuals.org/polaroid_pdf/polaroid_automatic_104.pdf

Try Option8, I can't think of his real name, that's his user name on ebay. He does conversions but I don't know if he does repair. There's Polaroid info. on his site.
About this website – Instant Options

You could also look up Rick Oleson, but I don't know if his repair CD includes Polaroids. Checked my bookmarks and found Jim's Polaroid Collection but haven't looked at it in a long time to know if it gets into repair, etc. Jim's Polaroid camera collection: Home page

I think if you can't get it back together you might do just as well to buy another one rather than pay to get this one fixed.

Thanks for the info @vintagesnaps ! Yeah, don't think would be worth doing a repair and actually a repair isn't necessary. I just know nothing about cameras and didn't take note of where things where when i took the viewfinder off. So if I can get a diagram of it to see where the mirrors go or someone can tell me where to put those 3 parts- I should be good to go! Will take a look at the manual from link you sent though.
I'm thinking this isn't specific to the model 104 so perhaps will broaden the search to any/all Land Cameras to try and get some images or disassebly/assembly instructions. As it's a simple thing, just was hoping someone familiar with cameras and old polaroids might be able to just chime in to get me back on track.
Appreciate the pointers and reply :)

Most reactions

Back