Need help with the shutter release button...

Acrylic Snow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was taking some photos (I had got around taking 4 exposures) and all of a sudden (and this is the first time its ever happened) I was not able to take anymore pictures. It sounds like the Shutter Release button was on some sort of lock because each time I press the button it makes a noise and the film cartridge symbol and the line next to it blinks.

I had the camera on Manual mode, by the way. I'm a noob with SLR cameras, so do you think I could've made a silly mistake and somehow flipped some kinda shutter release lock? Thanks!

Sounds like a problem with the film winding.

So I'm guessing I should open it up and see if a jam or something occured...?

That's what I would do. Of course, you will loose any photos on the film that is exposed.

I was taking some photos (I had got around taking 4 exposures) and all of a sudden (and this is the first time its ever happened) I was not able to take anymore pictures. It sounds like the Shutter Release button was on some sort of lock because each time I press the button it makes a noise and the film cartridge symbol and the line next to it blinks.

I had the camera on Manual mode, by the way. I'm a noob with SLR cameras, so do you think I could've made a silly mistake and somehow flipped some kinda shutter release lock? Thanks!

It would help if you told us the make and model of your camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back