Need Help

Jim Vickers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good day people ….I am in need of some help. I just bought 2 new sd cards. When I tried to format them though camera I keep getting card is full. Then tried to format with Windows 10 still did not work. Am I missing something here, can any one help empty the cards?

Thank you Jim

Just to clarify: When you insert the card into the camera, BEFORE you try and do the 'two button' format, you get a 'Card Full' message, or ? What happened when you put the card into your Windows 10 computer? "Did not work" isn't terribly descriptive as far as assisting with a diagnosis.

Hello and welcome, I agree with tiredirons question........

Good day people ….I am in need of some help. I just bought 2 new sd cards. When I tried to format them though camera I keep getting card is full. Then tried to format with Windows 10 still did not work. Am I missing something here, can any one help empty the cards?

Thank you Jim
Your camera should reformat the cards even if they are full. The message should ask you "are you sure?", but then proceed with the reformatting.

You should not format in the computer.

If all else fails take them back to seller.
I have had this problem with old cards that have failed
In my case after trying two cameras, a lap top win 7 and even old style DOS commands
All of which failed I broke the cards up and binned them.

Just to clarify when formatted in the camera it does tell me it is formatting. After the formatting is done, I get the message card is full. Then I went out and bought a second set of cards with the same problem, both in camera and windows ten. End result I put the slower speed cards back in.

Have you checked that the write protect with on the cards is in the off position?

Jim
Hiya your last post kinda makes sense, have a look at the camera manual to see what limits your camera has on card type , speed and size
I bought a new hi speed card and whilst my canon 70D is fine with it my older 1100d just will not see it
As it’s beyond what the 1100d was designed to use

Maybe the new, high-speed cards are incompatible with an older camera, like a D90 or something of that general age.

Most reactions

Back