Need microphone/wedding advice

bobandcar

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am best man at a wedding coming up. It's my wife's brother. His grandmother is in a old folks home and unable to attend. She is also not completely with it so Facetiming the wedding is out of the question. They do have a videographer but won't have the video for a month or so. I have an older camcorder, Samsung sc-d353, and 2 gopro cameras.
My plan is to set up the Samsung edge of isle half way back in the church. A gopro in the far back above and a gopro behind(in) the alter are.
I'm curious if any of these will get good audio of the vows and such or if an external mic is needed.

Any recommendations for a cheapish wireless mic that I could wear on me? That would transmit preferably to the Samsung wich has A mic input.

I am a total newb on video other than a few gopro things I've done.

Next question, is there some way to get the Dv tapes into a digital format on my computer?

i am best man at a wedding coming up. It's my wife's brother. His grandmother is in a old folks home and unable to attend. She is also not completely with it so Facetiming the wedding is out of the question. They do have a videographer but won't have the video for a month or so. I have an older camcorder, Samsung sc-d353, and 2 gopro cameras.
My plan is to set up the Samsung edge of isle half way back in the church. A gopro in the far back above and a gopro behind(in) the alter are.
I'm curious if any of these will get good audio of the vows and such or if an external mic is needed.

Any recommendations for a cheapish wireless mic that I could wear on me? That would transmit preferably to the Samsung wich has A mic input.

I am a total newb on video other than a few gopro things I've done.

Next question, is there some way to get the Dv tapes into a digital format on my computer?

My thought? A little digital recorder with a Mic you can clip to your lapel. Record the vows from where your standing, and then sync It to the video later.

Can I do this thru my iPhone with an external mic?
Can windows movie maker sync audio with video?
Or gopro studio

Can I do this thru my iPhone with an external mic?
Can windows movie maker sync audio with video?
Or gopro studio

Should be able to do it with an Iphone just fine, as for movie maker:

I don't use it myself but that might help. I'd run a few tests before the big day though, just to see what works and get everything "dialed in" frist.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back