Need more help on inserting background

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have sucessfully extracted an image and want to put a new background behind it. I have looked at some threads and cant figure it out. Does anyone know where a tutorial can be found for this?
I need step by step. I am slowly but surely learning Photoshop but have no basis of knowledge. I dont even know how to copy an image and paste it to a new layer.
Also how do I save a layer so I can come back later and use it?

If you have extracted the image already, you have done the hard part. You need to copy and paste your new background, and put it behind it. To copy and paste, look in the edit menu; select all, (ctrl+a), copy (ctrl+c), and paste (ctrl+v) The background layer will initially end up on top of your image. Just drag it underneath by clicking and dragging the layer on the layers palette.

To save a layer, you need to save the document as a PSD or a TIFF (check save layers). This will save the document and all of its layers in their existing configuration.

When I copy the new image onto the extraction, how do I make that the "background" layer and kep the extraction layer separate?

D-50 said:
When I copy the new image onto the extraction, how do I make that the "background" layer and kep the extraction layer separate?

When you copy & paste, or drag & drop one image onto the other...they will be separate layers. Use the layers pallet to bring one in front of the other...by dragging a layer up or down in the pallet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back