Need photo (1) and post C&C

spudgunr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
artsyfartsysmall.jpg

Need C&C, both on the picture (composition, technical details) and on post (effects, and can you tell what I edited on the subject, if so, how did I do). I am a photoshop n00b, and suck with anything other than the very basics.

Hint: I used the liquify tool. Was I effective, or was I the tool?

Edit: Holy crap. I thought I resized it in photoshop...apparently I failed. I'll try to resize and re-upload. Maybe I'll do it before anybody notices?

Last edited:
the pose is a little awkward for me, she has no neck
its pretty dark
the shadow on the right wall is distracting

the photo is too dark for my taste. :)

Not great, there is no light on her, i'm sure she could look fantastic but the pose is not flattering

I'd be interested to see the raw images and other pictures from this shoot. This wasn't really my favorite. It was too dark, and quite frankly, a little void in color to keep my interest.

too dark of an image, the pose is tight and isnt very appealing.
it also seems that her eyes are not in focus.
lack of contrast in the image.
dont like the bottom part of the wall showing behind her

Ok, here is a somewhat lighter version, as well as the raw image. The original was a bit dark (ok, a lot dark). I'll throw up a couple others from the shoot. 80% got deleted, this was mainly to re-orient myself with shooting, as well as try out a beauty dish I made. Its been about 3+ months since I've done any photography (a spoiled rotten, hyperactive, attention craving toddler and a pregnant wife leave for only a few opportunities around the house).

artsyfartsylighter.jpg

DSC_3310.jpg

I agree with most of what's been said. The pose is awkward, the lighting is very flat, there's no detail in her dress or her skin, the background is unevenly lit (and quite boring), the whole thing's underexposed and generally speaking, people aren't that blue.

I think the warmer skin tones in the last one work a lot better. For the most part, I think you just need to work on making the photo more interesting; experiment with different light sources, different poses and different backgrounds. Take a look at some professional model shoots and just steal ideas from them - flickr, deviantart and fashion magazines will all be good places to look. A few little changes will go a long way.

Yeah, I think it's the pose....I tried playing around with it a little....I'm bored...but the pose keeps throwing me off.

BTW...I didn't touch the whites of her eyes either. They look super white though.

4210235318_6828d44c5c.jpg

Seems underexposed and flat.

VERY underexposed. I also see shadows. Maybe do a little defog to sharpen it up a bit....

Most reactions

Back