Need Photoshop help ASAP!!! :(

paulpippin29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure what happened folks, but my Photoshop Elements 7, which I bought from Amazon a while back, has been working fine up until today. I tried to fire it up, and noticed that it just didn't do anything at all, as if the program wasn't there.

Well, I checked the shortcut properties to see which file was supposed to launch, and it was targeted for "photoshop elements 7.0.exe" Well, I went to the Elements folder to see if this file was there, and sure enough, it was missing, and I have no clue how that happened, as again, I used PSE7 just last night.

Well, I of course, uninstalled Elements, making sure to remove all left over folders and files in all locations, and wow, it had rooted itself in good, as it was all over the hard drive, but, again, I removed everything. I then removed all registry entries related to Adobe, then I restarted the machine, re-installed PSE7, and I was shocked to see that the executable file was STILL NOT THERE! :(

I've been doing some extensive research on Google for similiar problems, and found one guy that had the exact same thing happening, but once he fixed it, he didn't bother to tell the people on that forum how he did it.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on here??? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I must have Photoshop. Thanks as always.

if you have a legit copy then just call adobe tech support they are really helpful

yea or you could drop them an email, they will respond with 2 days if i am not wrong
clear.gif

Programs just don't 'uninstall'. I've built computer for years now. If you really want to make sure it works, reformat your HD. It sounds like something is wrong with your OS. I prefer to reformat at least once a year.

Yeah DScience... I was thinking the OS as well, but I can't imagine what it would be. I don't have any virus or malware of any kind, but I, like you, re-format at least once a year as well. I haven't called tech support, but am thinking that's the way to go. I might try my latest restore point first here (XP SP2) to see if that will do the job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back