Need Savvy Web Guys Help

CanonSnob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jadamphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to upload a program onto my website to host photos. I need the following information:

-Database Name
-Database username
-Database password

-"path" to photo host folder
-Database location

I know you wont know what these things are for me, but if you could help describe them to me in idiot language so I know what I'm looking for, that would be great.

Translation from :geek: ---> :confused:

Can your site support CGI or PHP cause more than likely that is what your "program" you are trying to install is.

What gallery are you installing?

You probably need to go make your own DB's in your website's control panel or PHPMyAdmin (or whatever DB manager you use).

The instructions for doing this will be different between web hosting companies. I would suggest contacting your website host, and ask them how to set up a DB, a Table, and a User that has privileges to access that DB & table.

I did contact my web host, but they are taking forever to getting around to it. Which is why I'm trying to find out this information to get it up and running. I have customers waiting on photos from a race I shot, and I know they're getting kinda antsy. It's the photocart program.

So if you know where I can look to find this information on my own that would be great.

you can use PHP to create a DB and tables. Here is a good tutorial. http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mysql_create.asp

yea, im not trying to create tables. I have a file with some html code that needs to be filled in with the information I posted above. Once I have that information the program just does it's own thing.

Host got around to putting it all together sooooooooooo..... :delete:

yea, im not trying to create tables. I have a file with some html code that needs to be filled in with the information I posted above. Once I have that information the program just does it's own thing.

ok.. Is a DB already set up? For a similar installation, I had to set up a DB and a user/password to access it. Upon setting up a DB, you'll have the info for the DB name.

I assume this photocart software will set up the tables it needs, but you need to tell it what DB to use. You can pick any DB I suppose, but it's best to create a new one so it doesn't mess with any existing installed apps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back