need software to change 100s of images quickly

kylefoley76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I take pictures of books and then process them into an OCR however if I could adjust the images before I feed them into the OCR that would help out a lot. the problem is i need to made adjustments that apply equally to all images in a folder, roughly a 1000 images because i scan a lot of books. i need mac software. preview doesn't help because you have to make adjustments to photos individually and that's too time consuming. i'm also not interested in adobe photoshop because that looks to be about 100 at the cheapest. i'm looking more in the 20 dollar range. below are two photos, before and after that shows you what i'm after.

13acopy.jpg

13a.jpg

LightRoom or Adobe Camera Raw can apply a universal edit to every image like you are wanting.
I'd remove the pictures you posted. It's copyrighted material and while you are scanning it for the copyright owner (I ASSUME) it's not legal for you to post here. And we really don't need to see it anyway.

I too wonder about the potential copyright infringement here... and so will not offer any advice!

I too wonder about the potential copyright infringement here... and so will not offer any advice!
My guess was that he's scanning it for one of the e-book companies. Like my Kindle... He's my hero in that case!

OH, and if he's the one that screws up his books when he converts them so I can't read them in white lettering on black-GET IT RIGHT, DAMN IT!

My guess was that he's scanning it for one of the e-book companies. Like my Kindle... He's my hero in that case!

Or he might be one of the people on EBAY (and elsewhere) selling Ebooks obtained without the authors permission!

I doubt it. Those companies usually provide the necessary equipment and generally don't look for the cheapest, but for the best product for the job, as the best product in the long run will usually be the cheapest in time savings.

I doubt it. Those companies usually provide the necessary equipment and generally don't look for the cheapest, but for the best product for the job, as the best product in the long run will usually be the cheapest in time savings.
It's my glass is half full day. Don't burst my bubble!

^This! Someone that knew what they were doing, would not have the skew issues the photos show...

With the new thread the OP started http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/lighting-hardware/316609-my-photos-dark-now.html it is easier now to answer some questions about the problems he is having, that he is asking about software fixes for. You camera is not really adequate for this task you are attempting, and you really need a copystand with some decent lights or flash capability. The variations in your images are due to poor lighting, lack of a consistent focal plane, focus and consistent exposure due to trying to use AUTO mode which on a point and shoot, is very limited.

There is software that could help this, but not eliminate it... I am thinking of Adobe Photoshop primarily as that is the most powerful, but also has a steep learning curve, and is somewhat costly.

But with better equipment, better lighting and some knowledge... you could do a much better job.

With the new thread the OP started http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/lighting-hardware/316609-my-photos-dark-now.html it is easier now to answer some questions about the problems he is having, that he is asking about software fixes for. You camera is not really adequate for this task you are attempting, and you really need a copystand with some decent lights or flash capability. The variations in your images are due to poor lighting, lack of a consistent focal plane, focus and consistent exposure due to trying to use AUTO mode which on a point and shoot, is very limited.

There is software that could help this, but not eliminate it... I am thinking of Adobe Photoshop primarily as that is the most powerful, but also has a steep learning curve, and is somewhat costly.

But with better equipment, better lighting and some knowledge... you could do a much better job.

Bingo! You need a good lighting set up and a camera with full manual control.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back