Need Some Advice on a wedding

vonshears

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am shooting a wedding in March and the couple is getting married in a wine cellar that is lit by candle light. any suggestions for exposure or flash?
I would hate to lose all the feeling of the nice ambient light and just come away with on camera flash lit photos with hard shadows.
Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
thank you

I would say that you certainly have your work cut out for you!! I hope that you have plenty of wedding experience as it is probably the most challenging environment to shoot even in the best of circumstances. Throw in to the mix the additional challenge of not a poorly lit church, but a candle lit wine cellar and you just upped the ante about 10 fold. My advice would be to carry a rosary and say Hail Mary's while you are shooting, bring a tripod, shoot at an ungodly iso of like 1600 and with a 50mm lens set on about f/1.8. I would think a 50mm lens should cover the space of a wine cellar? Maybe a 28mm instead. A wine cellar? Never heard of that particular avenue for a wedding. Will there be a tasting as well?

I would have to agree on this one with JOHNBOY high ISO fast lens and hope you have the skills to pull it off. I hope you will have the ability to see what things are going to be like before the ceremony actually starts and you need to just shoot the winners.

Most reactions

Back