Need some advice

jessyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone i'm quite a noob with slr

This is why i need some advice.

I'm in between two model... I look on internet many internet site and they both seem good.

Like i already mention earlier i have none experience with slr but i will like to buy a semi-pro camera for being able to progress with the camera.

This is the 2 model i'm having a hard time to choose between

1. Nikon D7000
2. Canon EOS 60D

If you have other model idea i'm totally open...

Thank a lot in advance to all of you

It would help if you gave us some idea of what sort of work you wanted to do with the camera; what type of shooting, and in what direction you wanted to progress, as well as what your budget is.

Both are great camera bodies ... but which lenses are available for each may be different especially if you have any specific interests ... eg. Nikon's 200-400 for flexible wildlife zoom, or Canon's 400 f5.6 or the 300 f4 IS for low cost birding etc ... I would 'research' the two systems and then go with the one that has most of my interests covered. Apart from ergonomics and personal preferences, both brands make very competent bodies.

Thank you to both of you!!!

I like taking picture of everything!

Specialy i like hiking then in the futur i will like to buy a wide angle lense for being able to have nice panorama picture from any mountain top

Lets say wildlife, landscape, sports, actualy quite everything exept people....

If this can help you!

Nikon, but I am biased.

I believe they have the best lenses and are the easiest to get good consistent results with. Never really could work a Canon quite right, but I did learn on a Nikon so that doesn't mean much.

If you want to take pictures of 'everything', you haven't yet found your niche so any camera that fits you and your budget will be fine.
Inevitably this own't be your last camera body so just buy the one that feels the best to you when you handle it and make adjustments to it.

Most reactions

Back