Need some advice

nitefly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rawmusicians.com
Hi all..

Not long ago I did some photography for a small news website for my village, Ruberyvillage.co.uk. I gave permission for the photos to be used on Ruberyvillge.co.uk, but the owner of that site has uploaded the photos to his Flickr account, which is http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicparkes/

I didn't give him permission to upload them to his flickr, nor did he ask permission. He just went ahead and uploaded them without asking me.

I am really not happy about this, especially as my name is not on there and he could be taking the photos off as his own.

Is there anything I can do to stop him? Or do I not have a say? I hope the latter is not the case.

The fact that makes this a little more difficult is that I had an argument with this guy a few days ago. I have a feeling that's why he's uploaded the photos to his flickr, to try and spite me.

Cheers,

Nath.

When you gave him permission to use the photos in the newspaper, did you actually sign anything or was it a verbal agreement? If you actually have an agreement in writing, I suppose the first step would be to make sure that you didn't actually give him permission to use the photos for purposes other than the website.

If you're sure he's in the wrong by posting them on another website, then I think the best first step would be to write him a polite letter expressing your dissatisfaction, and kindly ask him to take them down (or at least put your name on them). If he refuses, then you can get nasty or go over his head. I would assume that there's some way to contact flickr about copyright infringement and ask them to intervene.

Those are my ideas, anyway. I'm sure there are people on this forum who have more experience with being the victim of plagiarism than I do.

i agree with Uni. You should probably write him an polite email asking him to remove the ones on flickr. It's a start, he might just take them off without any hassel

I would definately talk to the guy first, but if that doesn't work, hot shot's link lays it out pretty clearly for what action you can take with flickr.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back