Need some beginners advice

Notoriusjt2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently bought a canon t1i with the 18-55 kit lens. i already have a bag, a 16GB card, and an extra battery. I am going on a trip here soon to tennessee and then to north carolina, and will be shooting the whole time.

I am wondering if i am gonna regret not have a zoom lens to have with me. I dont have a large budget so im only looking to spend maybe 200 bucks if i need one.

im also looking at getting a couple filters such as a circular polarizing filter and an infrared filter just to mess around with.

CN: what do i need to go traveling with a canon t1i kit?

You might have to move a bit more with the kit lens but i would just save up for a bit better glass but it seems like you are pretty set. Do you have a tripod if not i would recommend one for those good pictures of water to slow down the motion and give it that dreamy effect idk what type of bag you have but i have a lowepro aw so it has a cover to get wet and dirty and protect your goods! GL

You can find a 70-300 III 5.4(i think) online for around 200... its not the greatest lense...but if your looking cheap this does alright.

You can find a 70-300 III 5.4(i think) online for around 200... its not the greatest lense...but if your looking cheap this does alright.
It's the EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM and it's okay...tends to have bad CA on the long end though (which is why I didn't suggest it).

yea a friend of mine has this lens and i wasnt very impressed with it. maybe ill save up for a better lens instead of wasting my money on something i might not be happy with.

anyways any advice on the filters? does anyone here use them?

I'm getting some Graduated Nuetral Density filters fairly soon myself to do some landscape shots, but as you are a begginer I'd just stick to learning how to use your camera in Manual first so you dont have to much on your plate. Have fun!

problems with filters is that you can't use all your filters with all your lenses as the diameter of the lenses vary. all there lenses I have use different size of filter.

Most reactions

Back