need some camera advice

mystar-sky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Right now I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H1. I'm really really really wanting to upgrade to a D-SLR but moneywise, I am unable too. I've used a Digital Rebel XT before, but I want the Digital Rebel XTi. Just because it's the newer model, but I'd be just as happy with the XT.

That being said... I have a friend that is offering to sell me her Digital Rebel. It's not the 350D, but the 300D. I've seen pictures she's taken with it, I've seen pictures of the camera, I trust her that she's not going to sell me a shotty camera. It looks perfect condition, and it's the whole kit that she originally bought, and it's in original packaging. She's selling because she upgraded a little while ago to the XTi, so obviously, she doesn't need the 300D anymore.

Would the 300D that I can buy now, or in two weeks, be worth using for a year or so, when I will be able to upgrade to a newer model, or would it be better to go ahead and keep using my Sony Cybershot and save up a year for the XTi or whatever the newest model is and buy that?

I'm almost sold on the camera, and I have no problem using a used D-SLR camera to get started. But I'm just wondering if it would be worth it in the long run. Any advice? You can see pictures of what I've taken with my cybershot, it's linked in my sig line.

just buy it.

If it is cheap enough it would definately be worth buying for right now and mabye later you can buy a higher-end body. It also always pays to have a backup body.

Most reactions

Back