TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

Tried to do some shots of my rabbit again:

mahappler.jpg

Shot was unplanned.

I shot it under very low light conditions with ISO 1600, handheld, no IS.

I know technically it has many porblems. But what about the setting? Is this a usable viewpoint for photographing a pet?

Actually your viewpoint looks good (if you didnt cut off rabbit's head). But this shot you focused on the apple instead of the rabbit. Plus your WB is off.

Actually your viewpoint looks good (if you didnt cut off rabbit's head). But this shot you focused on the apple instead of the rabbit. Plus your WB is off.

I wanted to have the apple in focus. How can I correct the WB?

If you are choosing to go with pet photography then I suggest that you focus on the pet. White balance is definitely off and the rabbit's head cut off definitely makes it less usable. A smaller aperture and a slower shutter speed and a tripod might be able to help you. Or maybe fire the onboard flash with some tissues over it to diffuse the power of the flash.

If you are choosing to go with pet photography then I suggest that you focus on the pet. White balance is definitely off and the rabbit's head cut off definitely makes it less usable. A smaller aperture and a slower shutter speed and a tripod might be able to help you. Or maybe fire the onboard flash with some tissues over it to diffuse the power of the flash.

thank you very much, I would have never thought on the idea with the tissue

As for the rest you are right of course except for the focus. I still think its more interesting with the half eaten apple in focus as it shows that this pet likes apples.

Yes and no. The rabbit looks to be of a more natural color now, but the apple looks to be very unsaturated and there seems to be a lot of noise of some sort on the cage. I would say retake it to achieve your desired results.

I wanted to have the apple in focus. How can I correct the WB?

I know technically it has many porblems. But what about the setting? Is this a usable viewpoint for photographing a pet?

You ask if it a usable viewpoint for photographing a pet but you want to have the apple in focus......???

Most reactions

Back