Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
bwwithcolorgreen.jpg

closeup2.jpg

closeup.jpg

fav.jpg

ohmarble.jpg

Thank you for your time and opinions!!! I have learn alot for this forum and I can't wait to continue learning!!!

Beautiful shots!

#1 with the selective coloring.... it almost eliminates the look of clevage, which, knowing she is young isn't necessarily a bad thing.... My eye just finds it frustrating and almost confusing with the patterns on the shirt. As well her chin almost completely disappears :/

#4 seems unnatural with the way she's holding her arms.

#5 Her left arm is at such an angle that it's almost unflattering, and though it could be my monitor she seems a bit orange.... but otherwise great shots!

Thank you, I agree with all you said and will take in into consideration when taking photos next time. Thank you for taking your time to help me!!! :hugs:

No, I was not intentionally making the images softer. I noticed what you mean after reading your comment. How can I make the images sharper, and would that make them better???

Also, thank you for the link. There are so many helpful tips to learn from!!!

The photos dont need to be "sharp"; pick up any VANITY FAIR and you will see photographers breaking all the dogmatic rules in the product adverts.

The last two are probably the strongest. The first does nothing for me sadly. That selective coloring kills me (especially with such a flat b&w on the rest of the shot).

What are these photos for?

shes hot....haha ok ok seriously though what are these for....if they are meant to be senior pics then 1, 3, and 5 dont work for me...not to say they are bad just not quite there i feel that 2 and 4 would be really good for such reasons i would like 4 better though if the background had been blurred a bit more

The photos dont need to be "sharp"; pick up any VANITY FAIR and you will see photographers breaking all the dogmatic rules in the product adverts.

The last two are probably the strongest. The first does nothing for me sadly. That selective coloring kills me (especially with such a flat b&w on the rest of the shot).

What are these photos for?

Glamours shot have alot of softened skin and such, but the eyes are always still sharp.

I agree with the you on the first pic. The selective color pull so much away from the girl. Although, it would look cool if her eyes werethat color green, and you colored them back in and brightened them. Also, like someone said, the combination of the pose and a tube top make her cleavage look weird. You eye travels down her body and it doesn't look like anything is going to happen, then all of the sudden you see green and boobs all at once, from out of nowhere.

No, I was not intentionally making the images softer. I noticed what you mean after reading your comment. How can I make the images sharper, and would that make them better???
What camera are you using? And how much PP work are you doing to these?

HI, I am using a Nikon D40. I used Photoshop CS4, but I must admit this is the first time I used CS4, usually I use Elements. On these particular pictures I think the most I did was change the vibrance. Other than number 1. There are many features with this software that I look forward to learning how to use.

And these picture were for senior type pictures. Does anyone have a website that shows types of pictures that are best for senior pictures. I have looked at many of the photographers in my area, but I would like to read about it.

Last edited:
Do you have any books for CS4 yet? If not, here are three good books to get started with...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Digital-Photographers-Voices-Matter/dp/0321580095/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231349071&sr=1-1"]The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-CS4-Lesa-Snider-King/dp/0596522967/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231349071&sr=1-11"]Photoshop CS4: The Missing Manual by Lesa Snider King[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Layers-Complete-Photoshops-Powerful-Feature/dp/0321534166/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231349280&sr=1-1"]Layers: The Complete Guide to Photoshop's Most Powerful Feature by Matt Kloskowski[/ame]

No, I have not read any books yet. I will start with those thank you for the advice!!! :hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back