Need some critique and comment Thank You!

Nice photos. Can't go more in depth though due to certain people will hate me for it.

Overall, very nicely done. #s 2 & 3 strike me as especially good. #4 I don't find very interesting as it seems to lack a discernable subject. #1 is nice, but lacks the strength imparted by your use of leading lines in #2.

Overall I think you did well, but I think you overdid it a bit with the HDR like processing. It's almost as if everything blends in in the church creations. It gets a bit busy

I would have cropped the right side of the first creation off, as the darkness distracts from the rest of the composition.

The second one is not level. Look at the floor tiles and their relation to the bottom edge of the picture and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Carousel is nice, but the blue ground is distracting. The rest of the piece seems more realistic compared to the almost comic-coloured blue ground. The HDR seems to take off some of the sharpness as well.

I agree about the 4th one. It's just a picture of a tree. I don't mean to be harsh, but it's just not that interesting.

Cheers!

Like your photos a lot, only thing in my humble opinion that could improve image 2 is if the pattern on the floor running up the centre was straight with the bottom of the photo. Should be an easy fix :)

1,2 and 3 really good imo.

First two: lots of wonderful lines and excellent color and exposure.

#3 I would like to see the whole circle, notice how you cut off the right edge. Why? I would like to see it balanced equally. Wonderful sense of motion.

#4 What is the subject? I assume it is that tree. But why the fenced in shed? It just does not seem to be related to the tree.
If you want to take a photo of a tree, then take the tree. If it is the shed or building, then emphasize that. The two just do not seem to go together. But, is that why you took the picture, to show how they do not fit together? What was it that made you want to take the shot?

Getting back to the first image. Which direction did you want us to look? I am more drawn to looking all the way down the aisle. Yet. the end of theaisle is a bit crowded towards the edge. It is the furtherest away arch I refer to. The aisle to the left leads us to the wall. It is interesting to see the pillars, but we (I) do not spend much time there because I am drawn again down the aisle.

I wonder if the two converging lines of the aisle had met right in the middle of your frame, we would have looked equally both ways? Maybe you wanted us to look more at the pews.

In short, something about the composition bothers me, but I am not exactly sure how to describe it. What did you want us to see?

BTW Do not change anything in #2. I could easily sit for awhile in that church.

#3 there are fences in my way have to get close so I can't get the whole circle.
Thanks for your comment!

I think you have pointed out a very important point for, I did not put too much of thoughts on #1 composition. Still trying to train myself how to lead people's. I should ask myself what do I want people to look. Sounds like a simple thing to do, it actually takes time to practise
Thanks

2 and 3 are great with #3 being my favorite.

I could see first three images; and those were a feast indeed; first one is a stunner; second is also fine, but needs correction on distortion seen on the floor; and third is a fantastic shot of that kind; i am anxious about that image i could not see

Regards :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back