need some help creating my first HDR image

By the way when you paste the darker image over the lighter one and start erasing away the black, use a large eraser and keep hardness to 0.

Oh, sorry, must have overlooked your previous comment.
One last question and I'm off to process more shots:

what exactly do you mean by: I also said Id like to see more shots taken of the old structure using the same settings. If you mean you'd like to see some more shots taken during the same session I'll post some more as soon as I am happy with the results.

thx for the additional hint and sorry for the possibly confusing questions I asked but English isn't my native language so sometimes I have to ask a couple of times if I don't clearly udnerstand something.

I took your last shot and added it to the #5 shot in layers and deleted the black area.

sqs8xg.jpg

This one is definately my favorite, nice edit. I like the wide angle and the added HDR esque detail without being too grunge.

I like everything about it. With the lighting on the phone booth more in keeping with the rest of the image I wouldnt change a thing. I also said Id like to see more shots taken of the old structure using the same settings. The processing has given a very clean 3D look to the shot. Almost like you can walk into the picture. How's that?

I agree completely, and i think its a great shot. The edit finalized and perfected it to its best.

Regards,
Jake

Ovidiu, glad to know English isnt your first language. In future I will type slower for you. Meanwhile, if you took any other pictures of the castle Id be interested in seeing some. And if you could, please use the same settings with the processing as you used with shot #5.

nice edit bynx

I think its a good shot as well and for a first its great.

one other question what are you trying to achieve? To replicate the scene with great dynamic range and detail or are you going for a grunge look or something

Ovidiu, I think I agree with Myshkin with the above statement. All pro photography and artwork must have a theme, same as HDR processes. I use Photomatix Pro extensively, and in tone-mapping you get two options. Whether to create an artwork (paint style) image, or stay in the photographic domain. As such you choose any one of the tools "detail enhancer" or "tone compressor" respectively. Some of your photos look like paintings and others like photographs, depending on which software used and of course a critical photogenic eye. You obviously have the HDR technique spot-on, but then adding a theme and a few enhancements will produce the exact image you are looking for, such as Bynx has produced, which depict a natural looking photo. And I will bet that when viewed on a good monitor will even shine further. HDR is the future, so more kudos to everyone.

Note: Stay away from HDR images and magnetic prints. The two dont match!

For what its worth,in my opinion HDR is much like all art forms. You need to ask yourself what is it you're wanting to convey. Iv'e seen green sunsets that worked very well as an art form.
Dont give up. !!

:)

Thanks guys you are absolutely right. I think I definitively tend towards the more realistic approach versus the painterly one.

Most reactions

Back