Need some help figuring out the correct settings in Lightroom

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure if this is the correct section of the forum for the question but: I am in a large format photography class and I am working on my final project right now. It is a 4x5 film class and I scanned the color slides in at 2400 DPI as we are suppose to have a 16x20 print. That is more than what is needed for that size print but I figured I might as well make sure it is larger than what is required in case of cropping and whatever. So now that I have the image in Lightroom and have touched up the dust spots and little hairs, I am ready to export the image. However, I am not sure what settings I should be saving the file under.

Should I export as a TIFF? JPEG? DNG?

What should my Color Space be? sRGB? AdobeRGB? Or ProPhoto RGB?

And then there is the Image Sizing section. Do I leave the resolution at 300 pixels per inch?

I just want to make sure that this file can be printed at 16x20 just fine and I make a good grade.

Thank you for any help!

Thank you!! Dimension is 7699x9828.

Ill be taking the file to a photography shop in Austin called Precision Camera. It's a very large store that had been around for quite some time.

Thank you!! Dimension is 7699x9828.

Ill be taking the file to a photography shop in Austin called Precision Camera. It's a very large store that had been around for quite some time.
They're the one's you should ask these questions of. They will base their answers on the actual machine and processes they'll use.

Buckster took the words out of my mouth. I recommend also that you print small at first to check color especially if you aren't working on a calibrated monitor.

Most reactions

Back