need some help... i'm really new

j-pol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i'm pretty new to photograhy. i still have to read on some articles for some photo techniques. i currently have a sony dsc-h5, as i still couldn't afford a dslr. i was scanning through ebay and found this. http://cgi.ebay.com/HD-Accessory-Kit-for-Sony-DSC-H5-H2-H1-F828-F717-F707_W0QQitemZ280058468797QQihZ018QQcategoryZ29994QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is that a good deal? are the items in the bundle of good quality? and would they be usefl? i know i need a tripod and a bag badly. thanks for your help.:wink:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd stay away, myself.

Samsonite makes a small black nylon back that fits my H2 (and will fit your H5) like a glove. Sells for about 10 bucks at Walmart (and I'm sure other places as well) Inexpensive tripods are all over the place if you just look. For close up lenses and teleconverters, you'll be much much happier with real Sony products. The 1758 teleconverter is really much better than it deserves to be and sells for under $100.

I wouldn't listen to wiser folks telling me to run away from eBay bundles. I'm hard headed and had to learn the hard way. If you have similar foibles just send me a check for some small amount and I'll ship you some of the junk I wish I'd not bought on eBay . . . will at least save you some bucks <grin>

thanks a lot for your reply dgs. i didn't know that the samsonite bag was small. i was thinking, based on the picturs, that it was big enough for the camera, 2 lenses and the 3 filters to fit in it. but i guess not. hehe. thanks for the advice of using sony lenses. but i hink they're quite expensive, right? does sony have filters too?

Welcome to TPF! Put simply, stay far away from kits like this...I managed a couple of photo store some years back and kits like this along with photofinishing is where most of my profit came from! These kits contain cheaply made items. The only two useful items I can see in the kit are the tripod and the bag...and those you can get a heck of a lot cheaper when bought seperately.

Michael Humle said:
Welcome to TPF! Put simply, stay far away from kits like this...I managed a couple of photo store some years back and kits like this along with photofinishing is where most of my profit came from! These kits contain cheaply made items. The only two useful items I can see in the kit are the tripod and the bag...and those you can get a heck of a lot cheaper when bought seperately.

thanks a lot. i'm sorry u had to spill out ur "business secret" just so to inform me and give advice on me regarding those kits. i appreciate it much.:wink:

Most reactions

Back