Need some help picking a camera.

But I want things like an in-body AF motor and better high ISO function.
I also want to be able to auto-bracket.
And if the D60 can easily auto-bracket, then please tell me where I can locate this info in my manual because I've looked and I cannot find it.

These things are nice to have... but shouldn't limit you any great amount...

some questions for you Chewbacca...

what lens do you want that you feel you can't use with the D60?

what do you mainly want auto bracketing for?

with a VR lens and decent ISO to 1600 how often would you use a higher ISO as opposed to bouncing a flash?

These things are nice to have... but shouldn't limit you any great amount...

some questions for you Chewbacca...

what lens do you want that you feel you can't use with the D60?

what do you mainly want auto bracketing for?

with a VR lens and decent ISO to 1600 how often would you use a higher ISO as opposed to bouncing a flash?

If I go to shows, or inside events where flash is not allowed (I have children that perform in school concerts), I'll need higher ISO function.

Any of the AF lenses, I'd LOVE my 50mm to AF, as it's proving to be difficult to manually focus for action, and yes, I do and would use a prime for action shots.:mrgreen:
I can get some action shots with it by manually focusing it, but not as many as I'd like to get.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my D60. It is a great camera. And, like I said, I will be keeping it. And I still have an ENTIRE year before I'd upgrade anyway.:mrgreen:

If I go to shows, or inside events where flash is not allowed (I have children that perform in school concerts), I'll need higher ISO function.

Any of the AF lenses, I'd LOVE my 50mm to AF, as it's proving to be difficult to manually focus for action, and yes, I do and would use a prime for action shots.:mrgreen:
I can get some action shots with it by manually focusing it, but not as many as I'd like to get.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my D60. It is a great camera. And, like I said, I will be keeping it. And I still have an ENTIRE year before I'd upgrade anyway.:mrgreen:

well then I concede..... if you use your 50mm prime for action shots and need ISO higher than 1600 with VR you have no business owning a D60 and should have gone straight to D300...

it might help for you to know I asked 50mm prime users (on the Nikon forum) with autofocus how many shots were keepers at wide apertures. The general consensus was 3 out of 5. This may not be far off your results when manual focusing.

ive heard alot of reviews and good things about the D80, much like your reply !
noob question, does the D80 have the shoot button on the side for when you turn your camera sideways? ahah

Nope.
You need to buy a grip seperately for that.

I recommend you "touch" the camera before buying.

All you Canon people, just so you know I know NOTHING about Canon DSLRs, so, does the XTI and XSI have an in-body AF motor?
Is Nikon the only crazy company that does this to their customers???

YES! You would think beginners are those who especially need AF.

But then Nikon makes up for it with "commander mode" on the higher end cameras.

well the idea is... most people who venture into the D40 series will never go beyond the afs 18-55 and perhaps the 55-200.... the chronics on this forum don't represent the bulk of D40 owners who couldn't care less...

Until people move to off camera lighting and don't want to spend a ton or realize that TTL "flexibility" can become a hinderance. Commander mode my studio strobes. I dare you.

Don't forget there is a Canon XS (1000D) coming out soon. I believe it position between the Xti and the Xsi.

Most reactions

Back