Need some help please :)

Elese

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not a professional yet, and am far from it. I do photography as a hobby mostly and a little on the side for friends and family. I am wanting a site, like snapfish, but I want to get paid when people order pics. Basically, I want to upload pics I've taken at a birthday party, give the link to the family, sit back and wait for the $ to be deposited into my bank account. I don't want to see the order and have to go somewhere and order pics myself, then mail it to whom ever. I don't mind paying commissions, but I don't want to pay a monthly/starter fee since I probably won't be making much $ anyways.

I've tried Photoreflect.com, however, I am unable to use it at work (something about a firewall or something when I'm in Darkroom....)

Am I dreaming here or is there a site like that anywhere?

I just signed up with printroom yesterday. Look at my site and click the "proofs" link. The gallery I have up is called "test event" -the password is: test

It seems like a great free way to start. Good, easy software for CC payments, only 15% commission, and you set your own products/prices.

-Josh

I've tried Photoreflect.com, however, I am unable to use it at work (something about a firewall or something when I'm in Darkroom....)

Am I dreaming here or is there a site like that anywhere?
most big photo sites will fall into the "hobbies" websense category and won't be accessible at your workplace. If it's simply a firewall issue, change the settings(if it won't get you fired) or just do it at home like you should.

I just signed up with printroom yesterday. Look at my site and click the "proofs" link. The gallery I have up is called "test event" -the password is: test

It seems like a great free way to start. Good, easy software for CC payments, only 15% commission, and you set your own products/prices.

-Josh

Is 300mb big enough? I don't have a clue how much storage I need.

It's about 100-200 jpegs depending on size. Should be enough to make a few dollars. When I shoot my first wedding in April I'll go ahead and get an account elsewhere - with money made from the shoot...

Most reactions

Back