Need some help... school related...?

Amber_Cullen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have an assignment for my PC Applications class. We have to do a PowerPoint Presentation on a hobby, I obviously chose photography... but I'm not exactly sure what to talk about?

Basically we have to "sell" our hobby to the rest of the class, so does anyone have any suggestions on what I should put into my presenation that makes it interesting??

*Thanks in advanced!!!

Ever hear the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words"? For me, i enjoy taking picture because of the emotions captured and stories told. Another saying (or something like it) that I find very accurate is "the camera captures what the eye doesn't see". Have you ever taken a picture but because you were focusing on your main subject you didnt notice something in the background and after you reviewed your pictures you were like WOW, i didn't even see that! Haha, well these are some of the reason I love photography and I'm sure you can expand on that to make it longer and more interesting.

Also, think about all the things you have done simply for a photo that you normally wouldn't have ever done? Just to throw a few examples, climbed mount washington in midday over the summer so i can get some shots before sunset. got down on my stomach and elbows on concrete with broken glass to get a good angle on a shot I wanted. Things of that nature. Also think of any people you've met because of the hobby, maybe fellow photographers, random people for portraits, sports teams, etc.

Just try to think of why you enjoy photography as a hobby and just release yourself in your powerpoint. You can talk about any subject but if you put in passion and excitement you'll win over the crowd regardless.

I hope some of this can help you get started and good luck,

Nick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back