Need Some Help To Choose An Objective To Buy(Details Inside)

Jippa_Lippa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello.
I'd like to buy new lens for my camera but i'd like some help to choose one.

I'd like the cheapest lens that have these features:

- they have to fit the Canon 500D body (i can buy an adapter, if needed)
- Manual Aperture Control
- Manual Focus Control
- Manual Zoom Function

I repeat that i can buy an adapter if needed, so they don't have to be necessary CANON lenses

Thank you for your help.
:)

Last edited:
Start with the focal length. What range do you need? (How big are your subjects and how far away are you when you photograph them?)

The cheapest currently-produced Canon EF lens is the EF 50mm f/1.8 II. The most versatile inexpensive lens is the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS kit lens that came with the camera.

The cheapest used lenses are the old (and not very good) 28-80mm zoom lenses.

1- Start with the focal length. What range do you need? (How big are your subjects and how far away are you when you photograph them?)

2-The most versatile inexpensive lens is the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS kit lens that came with the camera.

1- The range of the standard EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens would be good.

2- I already have the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens, but they don't have the manual aperture control on them...
The aperture is changed on the body...i want some lens that( just like the old lens) can change the aperture with a "gear", just like the manual focus.

Jsomething Like These Ones( It's just an example to show the aperture gear...i don't want these lens)

aperture_ring.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back