Need some Help

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was thinking about entering a contest with the theme colors and took these shots last night. I have a feeling that none of these will win, but it's worth a try. Which one would you vote for out of the three?

IMG_2099web.jpg

IMG_2131web.jpg

IMG_2130web.jpg

I would go with a tighter crop on the top one. 2 and 3 are very interesting ideas but I see a halo around some of the colours. I really think you are on to something with the last two and would shoot some more. Great idea.

Eric

I like the first one personally. It has the most color in it. I would crop the top a bit, maybe up to the first crayon. But some very nice shots! Gives me ideas. :D

Thanks for the comments guys. Here's another question...the crayons are sitting on a mirror, so the last two have reflections in them, there are two rows of crayons in #2 and one row in #3...can you tell they are reflections or not?

I like the third personally. I would tone down the saturation a little bit so you don't get those halos around the ends but I think it still looks awesome.

Actually, I see now that the reason for the halo is because of a double reflection on the mirror...hmm...so yeah...go with the first. :D But still bump down the saturation a little so you don't lose the detail on the crayons and see what it would look like if the string of crayons didn't end...

cool idea Amanda. i like #2 & 3. i would mix the darker colors of the last in with the middle of the bunch. just my opinion though. i like the reflection. too bad the contest isnt titled; reflective colors. you'd win!

Thanks for the help! I will work on them some more and see what I can come up with. I have a wealth of other shots and different angles as well, so I'm sure I'll come up with something :) You guys are awesome!!!

Most reactions

Back