Need some help.

cmra8407

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought this beauty for 5 bucks and I am trying to restore it. I was going to take it shooting this evening but the camera strap placement pieces are missing. Any idea how I can replace them and where I can buy new ones? Thanks so much! [emoji3]
20171109_143659.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I'd take that one and shoot a roll just to make sure it works first. There may be some independent repair places around that would be willing to give or sell you one.

Try Pittsburgh Camera Exchange, I've gotten that type thing from them. I think on ebay they're onlinephotostuff . Or see if they still have their website to order. They have all kinds of that stuff, small parts, etc.

Thanks for that, Sharon. I need an older hot shoe for the Minolta rangefinder.

Yes it is in working condition some of the light seals have disinegrated but other than that it works. Anyone know what those things that are for the camera straps are called?

I bought this beauty for 5 bucks and I am trying to restore it. I was going to take it shooting this evening but the camera strap placement pieces are missing. Any idea how I can replace them and where I can buy new ones?
This appears to be missing a strap lug and D-ring. The D-ring is probably not terribly important, as nearly any D-ring would work. The lugs are threaded, so the replacement will need the same thread as the original. Check the threaded hole to make sure the threads are o.k., and when you insert the new one, use some Loc-Tite on the threads.

I bought this beauty for 5 bucks and I am trying to restore it. I was going to take it shooting this evening but the camera strap placement pieces are missing. Any idea how I can replace them and where I can buy new ones?
This appears to be missing a strap lug and D-ring. The D-ring is probably not terribly important, as nearly any D-ring would work. The lugs are threaded, so the replacement will need the same thread as the original. Check the threaded hole to make sure the threads are o.k., and when you insert the new one, use some Loc-Tite on the threads.

1510266456596.jpeg
The little knob I am pointing to is what is missing. Can someone tell me what it is called and it can't be lugs because I looked it up online and the only thing that shows up are the little triangles.

Threaded, like a small bolt.

Hey everyone it is actually a Pentax MF half frame camera so it is supposed to be like that. If anyone has more information on the camera lmk.

Hey everyone it is actually a Pentax MF half frame camera so it is supposed to be like that.
So it needs only a half strap? That kinda makes sense, in a weird way. You're good to go!

Most reactions

Back