Need some help

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm so damned indecisive. Okay so here's the deal. As many of you know, I accidentally killed my Graflex, and I'm now in the market for a new camera. I've got a birthday coming up this summer, and I'll also be able to afford a second new (used lol) camera at the end of the summer. I just don't know what to ask for/buy! I've sorta narrowed it down to these two:

Mamiya RB67.
I like 6x7 a lot, and this is a great camera, but it is bulky, and the lack of metering really bugs me.

Pentax 645.
Beautiful little camera. I do prefer the larger 6x7 negatives though. The only thing that really irks me about this one are those damned inserts. I much prefer interchangeable film holders.

Does anyone have any advice here, or any other recommendations? I really cannot decide...

Hmm, interesting. It's not like you are choosing between two 645s or two 6x7s. If it was me I'd go for the RB67 because I've already got two 645s, and in some ways I wish I'd waited a bit longer and got into 6x6 or 6x7 instead of 645 (which is great, but already starting to look a little on the small side).

The other pros and cons are hard to compare and maybe even cancel each other out. Really it comes down to negative real estate doesn't it? If so then you have said yourself that you prefer the 6x7.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back