Need some help :)

sweetpea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first post on here (a little nervous!).

I took this picture a few weeks ago and wanted some feedback on the composition (please be brutally honest!) and how i could enhance with Photoshop.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

sweetpea
ggg-2.jpg

It's difficult to be certain because of the size of the image you've posted, but it appears a little blown out on the left hand side of the building, particularly just below the window. I also find the shadow of whatever is creeping into the image in the lower left corner a little distacting.

That said, I like the composition and contrast of the image. The central positioning is (IMO) right for the shot, but I would probably clone out the railings on the right hand side, as they detract from the overall balance of the picture.

David

PS. Welcome to TPF.

ggg.jpg
ggg-1.jpg

Thanks alot for your feedback :)

I didn't realize i posted it so small, sorry.

The images in the lower right and left are bushes.

I agree about the right side of the building to be a little blownout, since I am still learning photoshop that's a bit above my head. But i will definitely play with it and see how it turns out.

Thanks
sweetpea

Thanks for posting the larger image, which does show more detail under the window. If you're only just learning photoshop, you're doing great, and I like the image and what you've done with it. :thumbup: Would still clone out the railing on the right, but may now leave the window, or whatever it is, that's just creeping into the edge of the shot on the left above the bush. It's not so distracting for me on the larger image, as it was on the small one, and the image may appear too symmetrical without it. It's all personal taste, so do what you feel's right, and if you like it then that's what counts.

As you say it's ok to edit your images, I have quickly removed the railing, as I wanted to see what the image looked like after it had gone. Having done so I don't think it improves the image in the way I thought it might. :blulsh2: I also removed the marks on the door, which weren't so evident on the first image you posted. Hope you don't mind.

This was the result:

ggg1_db.jpg

Hope to see you post more images soon.

David

I really like this :) IMO (in my opinion) I think you did a great job of still getting the details of the stones in such sunny conditions and it looks great B&W!

Even though it isn't a major change, I like David's edits...I might also edit out the two little branches sticking into the frame on the left (it just depends how much the symmetry is important to you here)

See ya! :sillysmi:

It's good! Very good!

Slightly phallic though...

Wow I like it alot without that railing creeping in. Thanks David for taking the time to edit that for me. I am going to try and learn to get the bush out on the side.

sweetpea

Well i gave the clone thing a shot and i am very pleasantly surprised :)

ggg1_dbbb.jpg

Most reactions

Back