Need some helpful tips!!

ToviTorio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I will be shooting indoor sports in Disney at the Milk House next weekend and I was wondering if anyone had good suggestions on settings for my camera. I will be using a Canon 40d with a Canon 70-200 f4L NON-is. I mainly shoot Manual mode. If you guys have any helpful tips please share them. I would like to know how I can get the best possible images for the weekend!

Hope to hear from you all!

The main issue is the shutter speed as the camera is quite old for shooting motion esp in indoor with F4L, the pictures will be quite blurry and its hard to avoid hand shake unless you have a tripod. Do you have f2.8L?

Noisy images from using high ISO to keep shutter speed up, are preferable to blurry images from lack of shutter speed.

For most action sports you would want your shutter speed no lower than 1/250 and even better is no slower than 1/500.

Tell us. How much light is there in the Milk House? Will you be shooting from court side, or from the stands?

I would suggest you use the Av shooting mode, AF-Servo, back buttonfocus , let the ISO float, set a custom white balance with a gray card, and keep a close eye on the shutter speed as you shoot..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back