Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Critiques please and thank you!!!
9434301851_3eb819ca9f.jpg

9437118120_b74f9520a6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeback per req:

1. Hmmm.. to be honest, this seems really like a moment of opportunity snapshot as opposed to a posed shot. That doesn't mean it's bad, but it does mean that it's hard to offer a lot of critique since you didn't really have control of the situation, you were simply recording it.

2. This is a cute shot that would have been much stronger had you not corpped the top of the hat off, and framed it level with the child. Also, remember to get down to the subject's eye-level when shooting. Good exposure, albeit alittle flat, that bright sun just a few feet back would have been a bugger.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

In both the child is under exposed, yet it looks from the Exif data that the images have been processed in PsE 11.

Perhaps later I can do an edit to illustrate my comment about the exposure.

A properly fitted lid (hat) will ride approximately 1/4" above the ear. :biggrin:

Also, be careful about cutting off the very top and/or the very bottom of your subject as in #2. Close cropping shown in #1 doesn't bother me because it has a more intentional look to it.

Second one basically looks fine to me. Not to discount other commenters, I observed the same things but they bothered me less.

First one, I agree, looks underexposed but also cold toned.

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! I'm still trying to get used to the 50mm lens. This was my first time shooting with it (was just using the kit lens before). It's definitely a little harder having to move your feet vs just zooming in and out (which is why the pictures maybe aren't cropped quite right). I also just got Photoshop Elements a few days ago so any help with that would be much appreciated! Right now photography is just a hobby for me. It's a great way to capture memories of my kids, but in the future I would love to be able to take photos for other people!

A properly fitted lid (hat) will ride approximately 1/4" above the ear. :biggrin:

Also, be careful about cutting off the very top and/or the very bottom of your subject as in #2. Close cropping shown in #1 doesn't bother me because it has a more intentional look to it.

What sort of cigar would your recommend to go with that lid?

Cohiba Behike BHK 52?

No idea, I just Googled that! :mrgreen:

Personally, I would go for a Belicoscos.

Really cute kid! If it were my child, after some fine tuning in LR the first would be in a frame above my desk.

I love the first shot, and the second :)

the first one is gorgeous! i remember when i first started to use prime lenses it was the 50mm f/1.8 from Canon. My friend picked it up for like $100 and i was so against it at first but now its one of my favorite lenses. I also like how you used the rule of thirds for the first shot.

I prefer the first. You could try using curves to lift the exposure just a bit on the boy, but that cool and soft background is perfect.

Most reactions

Back