julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good morning,

I am more of a candid kids photographer and I was asked to shoot some family "portraits" outside today (in someone's yard). There will be grandparents, parents and kids. Total of about 10 people. I don't have much experience with posing people. Do I need chairs? The shoot is at 3PM EST and it is supposed to be sunny. How many different varities are there really in shooting 10 peole at a time? Is there anything fun and cute you could recommend to, like have them all raise their hands and waive hello (or is that ridiculous?)

any ideas would be SO much appreciated.

signed,
non-poser

sunny at 3pm is going to be really hard to shoot. Try and put them in the shade if you can and shoot from the shade. A 7pm shoot would be better.

you will need chairs. I would seat the oldest people on chairs (grandparents) and then have their children behind them and grandkids in front of them.

a 4 generation shot I would have grandparents seated, their children in couples behind them older grandkids to the side and younger ones up front. It's hard to say really without knowing specific ages or knowing their heights

very helpful, thank you. I am not sure of their ages just yet either. And I wish I COULD do a 7pm but they can't. So I'll definitely have to find some shade!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back