Need some ideas.

WolfSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have to wait 6-8 weeks for my 18-135 to get fixed leaving me with the 70-300 VR and it has been cloudy/overcast/raining for the last few days and the wife has the other camera with the 18-55/55-200. The 70-300 sucks for pics in the house and there havn't been any animals outside at all for days to capture. WTF can I do besides edit what I've already taken? I was going to goto a swamp yesterday, then today and maybe tommorow if it clears up, but I am bored and want an idea of what to go shoot with a gray sky and no good colors...

Go to the top floor of your house, aim it out the west window and get some dusk shots (or east if that is more convenient).

Take pictures of cars moving down your road, act as if they are a fast moving buck that you have to get a clear picture of before it disappears in the bush.

Catch the pic of the odd bird on a telephone wire.

Shoot a pic of the neighbor doing somthing around their home.

I could think of many more, but that should be something to get you started.

hmm... sounds like you trying to get me arrested lol. If I did that around here they'd think I was spying, I live on an army post. But those are some good ideas, especially the cars. Thanks. Fortunately the sky just cleared up.

You forgot to mention that you live on an army base... lol.

How about going to a local museum or zoo or something like that (now that it;s cleared up), that would offer you a challenge, no?

Oh I have one... go to the top of the nearest mountain and try stiching together a 360 degree view made from a culmination of 10-12 pictures?

Wait, don't tell me... the nearest mountain is like 500 miles away from you, right? :lmao:

being that I'm in GA yeah the nearest mt is not even in the equasion. Museum woud have worked, the 3 yo might of hat fun with me too.

How about getting a copy of the local high school sports schedules and go shoot some ball games. Great practice on shooting, compostion and camera skills. It is football season still.

If you are anywhere near northern GA, there are a bunch of Civil War sites that have lots of cool stuff, and Chattanooga is a really cool town with all kinds of stuff. If you are near Atlanta, the zoo there is excellent.

If none of that suits, and you can find $125, get yourself a 50mm 1.8 and have fun with it inside.

I was gonna buy a 50mm actually then the kid fell asleep, now the wife is home and the 5 yo is in school so the 3 yo the wife and I are talking about going to chucky cheeses today and photograph her all day. As far as the 50mm it has to wait until I get brakes and a new air and fuel filter on the car. But it is my next goal. Right now I'm using:

D80
18-135 MM Nikkor(in the shop 6-8 weeks :( )
70-300MM Nikkor VR
SB-600

and the wife has:
D40
18-55(kit)
55-200(kit)

but she had her camera on a field trip with the 5 yo yesterday. Thanks again for all the ideas.

Personally, I would find pictures of boot camp interesting. It would bring back memories for me. ( unless its classified)

Most reactions

Back