Need some input on lighting please

Mach0

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been trying to decide on some basic light set ups to do basic portraits. More along the lines of a portable set up. I looked at continuous light set ups. I can be wrong but most of them you cant adjust the settings. Alien Bees or Einstein's are a bit too much for what I want right now. Besides, I've gotten my pictures taken with continuous light and it gets pretty hot in front of them lol. I have two options. A) Three umbrellas with stands ( one reflective, 2 shoot through), wireless triggers, some vititar 285hv flashes, and a collapsable backdrop. B)10x20 ft Strobe/Flash Lighting Photo Studio Kit K05S - Kaezi Photography

I have never looked at that till now to be quite honest. Option "A" will run me about 50 bucks more than this, its portable, and battery powered. Onlyu pain is that I would have to piece things together from different places and I have to find used flashes.The good thing is that I would be able to adjust the flashes unless the lighting kit is adjustable. I'm really leaning towards option "A" but would like to get some your input. Thank you.

Thanks. I registered with them and will check them out.

Check out the strobist kits at mpex.com. You can get a 2 light kit with radios for around $500.

I clicked on a three light strobist kit as a beginner or student and it came up to over 500. Its basically almost the same idea minus the gels and the way I had it configured, I would have bought the back drop. That was just a quick glance. I'll take a look In a bit when I get home. Thank you :)

Most reactions

Back