Need Some PHOTO EDITING Software...

SlySniper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
elvir.bravehost.com
Hello,

Anyone know of any program other than PS that can add borders? It needs to take up a small amount of my computer resources because I have a crap computer.

Thanks!

I know that in PS, most of us are only increasing the canvas size for simple borders. Check out GIMP and see if it can do that? I would imagine you could even do it in MS Paint?

MS Paint,the best you can do is add rectangles around the edge. Pretty generic, but I did it for a few pics :mrgreen:

I know nothing about MS Paint :confused: But I just did this. Ashamed to say it took me like 5 minutes...would've taken a few seconds in PS. It leaves a lot to be desired, but it can be done.

49089689-M.jpg

heh, nice pic wood! ;) It took me like 5 per picture when i did some and they weren't nearly that nice. mine were uneven rectangles :lmao:

I second the gimp. The problem with ms_paint is that it doesn't let you control compression on your jpgs. In fact, does it even let you save as a jpg?

Digital Matt said:
I second the gimp. The problem with ms_paint is that it doesn't let you control compression on your jpgs. In fact, does it even let you save as a jpg?
You can save in jpg. I also recommended the gimp to him, but he says he needs the smallest program available. I don't know how big the gimp is? Really limits your choices!

woodsac said:
You can save in jpg. I also recommended the gimp to him, but he says he needs the smallest program available. I don't know how big the gimp is? Really limits your choices!

Ya, I tried to download it, but, it was 19 MB and my internet wouldn't all it to download all. So, I'll stick with Paint for a while.

im not sure just how small of a program you need, but a friend of mine referred me to this site for a free program called "2 Pic" to add frames and a few other effects to pictures. the file is only 1MB, so it may be small enough to suit your needs.

http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~moor/2pic/frames.php?lang=english

i hope this helps. there are other frames there you can download, or just use the default ones that come with the program itself. i havent tried it, but my friend says it works pretty good, and its easy to use.

Most reactions

Back