Need some tips... Wanting to improve

Jessi_xox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm pretty new to the whole photography thing... if I knew what I was doing I might get out there and try and do more... but frankly I don't. I have a Digital Rebel XT, and know how to use a few functions but I know there is sooo much more to learn...
Here are a few of my photos please be honest!:heart:
IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

This is just a fun one... I was taking pictures of my cat and she yawned... I think it's hilarious...:lol:
IMG_1346.jpg

Love the cat!

If you're shooting in Auto mode, put it in Program mode and shoot for a while until you feel comfortable with the information given in the viewfinder. Then Av mode, repaet. Then Tv mode, repeat. Then Manual. Don't try it all at once or else you may get frustrated.

Q: How do you eat an elephant?
A: One bite at a time.

I'm pretty new to the whole photography thing... if I knew what I was doing I might get out there and try and do more... but frankly I don't. I have a Digital Rebel XT, and know how to use a few functions but I know there is sooo much more to learn...
Here are a few of my photos please be honest!:heart:

Welcome to TPF! :) The best way to learn is to just get out there and DO it. Like Kundalini said, take it a bit at a time and shoot, shoot and shoot some more. TPF is a fantastic resource-- there are tons of experienced photographers to answer any questions that you have as you go along.

When I first started with my Rebel, I was overwhelmed too. Just keep trying. It helps to look at others images and think about what you like and don't like about them for composition. I found Charlotte Lowrie's "Canon EOS Digital Rebel Field Guide" an inexpensive aid to figuring out my camera. As the others have said, pick one thing to figure out and work on that. Don't try and get it all at one time. I am kind of partial to the Christmas tree ornament shot myself. It is nice that the ornament is not centered.

Most reactions

Back