Need suggestion on buying a entry level DSLR

niranjan49

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi :) ,

I am new to this forum, Can anyone tell me which is the best entry level dslr? . I would like to learn photography and i would like to start by buying a DSLR camera, read many reviews for dslr, many have said that nikon d3300 would be a best option to start....one of my friend told me that its better to go with d3200, since there isnt many difference between d3200 and d3300. Please let me know, if its better to go with d3200 and spend money on lens or go with D3300, since d3300 costs a bit more than d3200 or is there any other better dslr at the entry level price range? Kindly let me know my options. Thank you!

I went with the D3200 myself. To me, there isn't enough of a difference to warrant the nearly $200 extra for a D3300. The biggest difference is it's 25% lighter, and it's not like the D3200 is a big, heavy camera. It does BARELY improve on most things over the 3200, but just so. If you are going to spend the cash for a D3300, you might as well get a 5200.

Yes, the D3200 is the better "value" at this time. Good prices are available on it now that the D3300 has been released.

Thanks for the replies, as you have said, i think its better to go with d3200 18 -55 mm std lens, later i plan to buy a prime lens, instead of going for d3300. since there isnt much of a difference between d3300 and d3200

My vote is also with the D3200

Good luck

I would pick a D3200 over a D7000....

I guess it depends on the individual. For me, I'd need to grip option, AF motor, button layout, etc... but if not needed, then he's all set.

Your are correct.

I am assuming he doesn't need these features since he is asking about D3200 and D5200 variants.

Welcome to the forum Niranjan :)
I can see many people have already given very good info. But did you consider D5100? It's almost the same price, but some of my friends really love it. Also, what lens are you considering?

Why? Any specific reason other than the cost? Just curious.. I know Niranjan doesn't need it, but why would 'you' prefer D3200 over D7000?

Welcome to the forum Niranjan :)
I can see many people have already given very good info. But did you consider D5100? It's almost the same price, but some of my friends really love it. Also, what lens are you considering?

Why? Any specific reason other than the cost? Just curious..

I am putting myself in the shoes of the person buying the camera.

He wants entry level.

The D7000 does have better user functionality.

The D3200 is new and cheaper than a used D7000.

It all depends on what the persons intentions are with the camera. I don't know what they want to do. They may just want a nice camera to take family pictures with. The D3200 would serve them well. The D7000 has features they would probably never use, but they payed for the features to have a "better" camera. The camera may never be shot in anything other than auto. There are so many factors.

Man you're fast! I edited my post in like 10 seconds after posting it to convey what I meant, and you still managed to respond to my initial post :lol:

Man you're fast! I edited my post in like 10 seconds after posting it to convey what I meant, and you still managed to respond to my initial post :lol:

LOL

I actually sat here and even made sure what I had typed made sense.

It may not even make sense after I proofed it!

To answer your edited question-

If I was buying a camera right now and could only chose between the d3200 and d7000- I would pick d3200 simply on cost and being new.

However, if I was trying to stay under $1000 I would just go with the (refurb) d7100 and skip the d7000.

It seems like it's a hit or miss with d7000 focus systems, and I would hate to buy a used camera and find out it had this problem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back