need tips for a photo shoot

sxgt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
SO I plan on taking a female out on a photo shoot OUT DOORS. any tips or things i should bring? A list of something perhaps. I just feel like I'm gonna get out there and not know what to do.

So far I have downtown , a bridge , and park in mind for locations

she is 18 and this shoot is for fun/experiance. I dont have a GREAT camera yet , just a Kodak C875- 8MP + Tipod

the girl -
n678734858_212146_9961.jpg

Find shade, use a reflector and get someone to hold it. Light is important outdoors. If you have a decent flash, meter for the background and switch the camera to M and use flash.

I have two reflectors. not sure how good they are. BUT THANK YOU for the ideas.

100_1317.jpg
100_1289.jpg
100_1310.jpg
100_1357.jpg
100_1319.jpg
100_1321.jpg
100_1332.jpg
100_1366.jpg
100_1374.jpg
100_1368.jpg

I have not croped or done anything yet other then resize them for hosting on Photo bucket. Feed Back please :D

whats with the diagonal lines going through the picture?

When doing portraits you want to see the face. that picture shows us nothing. The only time its somewhat ok not to show all of the face is when there doing somthing thats simply...them. Them doing somthing that expresses how they are, and there personality.. for instance runing and jumping with her arms wide open and her face kinda looking the other way with her hair kinda covering that part of face you can see. if i saw that id see a girl who is happy, loves to have fun, and is outgoing. Portraits tell alot about someone/

whats with the diagonal lines going through the picture?

When doing portraits you want to see the face.
I think that is water....scroll to the right and you will see the rest of the pics---including her face.

The one with the CD reflection is cool--I like it. The close ups look as if she is talking....might want to make sure your model stays still.

Keep practicing! :thumbsup:

haha, good call kcp.

I like the one where shes leaning on the handicaped sign.. shows her character a bit.

The one with the highlighters and her drawing is a good idea.. that shows her talent. but.. whos drawing? get her in that picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back