Need to put together a portfolio

roadkill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all. I am putting together (or I need/want to put together) a portfolio. I want something comprehensive that I can show potential clients or anyone for that matter. Right now I have to go through boxes of semi organized film and two computers for my good stuff. I have plenty of film and digital shots to represent myself but I have never had a portfolio. I wonder if you all may have some direction on this. Do I convert all my film to digital and just have it all on a disc? Do I convert it all to paper and go with a book style? Should I go half and half? Is there some software that may be helpful in setting up a format?
I know that there are threads out there that probably address this but when I used the search function it turned up a bunch of random stuff not exactly of this nature (though admittedly I did not sort through every thread) Thanks..

In today's world you have 2 options... album or digital. I personally prefer digital format as it is easier to make dynamic (slideshow with music, transfers, voice-overs, menus, etc...), but I can see the value of both.

I would personally do both...I know we had to for classes. Also, if you printed the film images yourself, it will show better if you have a hard copy b/c you will lose some of the detail when you scan it.

It is only logical to have both available and show the portfolio to your client in the format that they prefer.

Thanks. I guess that makes complete sense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back