Need Work Flow Advice LR and CC

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I just took the plunge with Adobe CC and LR. Most of it is very similar to what I was already familiar with, but need to some advice on the flow process others use.

The most common workflow as I can infer from comments on Forums is that people download their shots into the pc with Lightroom and add file names and keywords. Then do general changes with LR. If pixel level changes are needed then they send the photo to PS 2015 to make the complex changes.
Personally I use Bridge to download and rename and make the backup copies and then do everything in Photoshop. I'm planning on looking at LR again since it's been made more powerful recently.

Workfow wise I download, cull then just go through my shots one by one or edit one and copy and paste develop settings to do a batch. I have lens profile corrections applied on import. From there I'l then do merges (panorama or hdr if thats ehat I shot for) then open in photoshop if complex cloning is needed, then back to lightroom and in the develop module I'll crop, set black and white point, contrast, highlights and shadows adjustment if needed along with clarity and vibrance, sharpen and noise reduction. From there I'll do CA and back to the top and work on any others that need adjusting or fine tuning then apply local corrections grads and doging and burning.

Pretty much as I surmised, one problem I've discovered since the original post is that there are some known issues with both LR and PS as of April of this year, and my Pentax with color saturation, shadow/highlight detail and "motion correction" in the Pixel Shift mode. I've resolved most of the saturation, and detail problems, but the Pixel Shift still doesn't play well. At least for those I'll have to continue to develop in Pentax's Utility 5, until Adobe updates the software.

Most reactions

Back